Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hot Tea

I have posted a massive amount of pictures because I haven't much time to write anything of substance, wit, insight, or value. A friend from the old days, James, is with me in Hong Kong right now, during his break from teaching chemistry in India. We went to the Hong Kong Science Museum. James may look a bit different:



We went on a hike with a couple of my friends from here and 4 university students from Nanjing. It was my first time to talk to people from mainland China. It was also my first monkey experience:


The hike was to a place with trenches and bunkers used by British troops in WWII:



We refuse to live by the rules:



The group, minus 3:














We went to Macau, the former Portuguese colony. They cut a jerky-type meat from the larger slabs. You are then encouraged to purchase the meat:







This lady makes cookie-ish, waffle-ish delights:

















The Macau Tower. 10th tallest free-standing structure IN THE WORLD! :






You can also bungee jump off the tower. It is the longest jump IN THE WORLD! : The group above, sitting on the lips in front of the Chinese New Year decorations (Year of the Ox is coming up): Angel, Vera, James, back: Kara, Joan, me.

I guess they had some sort of Italian festival. Both towers are completely covered in gold/silver pasta:

Everyone is really excited about the New Year (Jan 26-28, this year):


This is Bruce Lee:



And this is James and I at the top of the Peak:


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy & I enjoyed your pictures. Good to see the two of you enjoying yourselves. More pictures and words on either blog will be enthusiastically accepted.

Keith said...

Camber, I just got on board your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do. I must do it all in my spare time and not at work (that is for the benifit of your dad, since he is on my board of directors) Looking forward to following the adventure.
Keith B

Anonymous said...

I hope you have not suffered any monkey damage. That bunker scares me. What did you find at the bottom?

The,

Dad.

A Ciarleglio said...

I'm waiting for the Jackie Chan statue!

The Classic Harpist said...

No pictures of monkeys? Dah.

PALOMA said...

Yep, I remember my first monkey experience up in a tree-hotel hanging over the Amazon river.. my dad was taking a picture of me, and a monkey pulled my hair. I ran with my short legs. Then we laughed and ate piranas.