Thursday, October 15, 2009

Everything Today is Thoroughly Modern...this is where I've been.

Despite the lack of a tech and or dress rehearsal, "Thoroughly Modern Millie" (except for a hellish opening night) went GREAT!! Again, I can't see what pictures I have on here, so I'll take an educated guess. One is a bunch of girls in 20s flapperish gear. Note the wig. I wore the wig to differentiate myself from my character, Miss Flannery, also likely shown below.
I know you won't believe me (Devon) but I designed and created my hairdo all by myself after several failed attempts to locate an appropriate wig.
There should be another photo below of the Speed Test. We're all stenogs who use tap dancing to simulate the sounds of typing in an office. It's just like real life.

I don't have any of my photos uploaded yet (I'm currently on a different computer and just lifted some friends' photos off the facebook)
Someday, when I feel like it, I'll get on my computer and put up some other doozies.

So yes, Millie basically took up my life for about 2 weeks solid, not to mention the half of my life it took up for the 2 to 3 months prior. Good experience over all. I had a scene involving elbows which the audience found so hilarious that the other actor and I often had to hold for laughter after EVERY LINE. And uproarious applause on my exit! It was incredible...it's not all about that, but I really worked intensely on this character and it was nice that the audience appreciated her.








Now life was supposed to go back to normal, but the Hong Kong theatre scene has proven addictive. I'm auditioning for "The Odd Couple" (female version) tonight and on Saturday, Michael and I (plus another 39 couples) will be singing at a "Night of Broadway Duets" to benefit a breast cancer research organization.

I'm also looking very much forward to two visitors in the coming days: Rita, originally from Spain and currently residing in Beijing, will be here Friday night until Sunday night. Steven Varble, famous Jacksonville resident will arrive Monday night for nearly a week of mayhem and a quest for wonders!

And of course, I still have my day job. We're working on finishing the script for the "100 Movies" show and we're cutting down our 1-hour Penguin show to 30 minutes to offer a cheaper alternative to primary schools. Today we filmed some footage to be put up on our new TIE website, the address of which I will disclose in due time. Like, when I know what it is.

Birthday was fabulous--2 Millie shows and a cast party! What could be better?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I can breathe! I have been waiting with bated breath for the "Millie" report. It sounds like it turned out to be "thoroughly" terrific with a few "modern" touches. Your HAIR would have made Janet Long proud. Also, you look like a teacher who has just had a really bad day.GOOD JOB! from you know who.

The Classic Harpist said...

GAG.

And your picture still scares me.

Camber Carpenter said...

I don't know why I frighten you so, Devon.

Guess you don't want a video call for your birthday, then?

Camber Carpenter said...

And who is Anonymous?

I can't quite place it...Tyler?

Anonymous said...

Is The Classic Harpist gagging at Miss Flannery or the comments from anonymous?

The Classic Harpist said...

I am clearly gagging at anonymous. Although C's picture does inspire a similar response.

Anonymous said...

Did you notice a pronounced silence from the Father figure? I am speechless at the spectacle.

The,

Dad.

Rebecca Hill said...

Since you probably won't know if you're going to have a difficult time before hand, it's not a bad idea to do some scouting around for nurses in advance, just in case. Uganda nurse suspected of contracting Ebola ACNPs are trained to provide treatment for patients recovering from severe injuries and conditions such as cardiac arrest and shock. You may think of nurses current uniforms that consist of scrubs in a variety of colors and styles.