Saturday, January 16, 2010

EXPLICIT CONTENT

Seriously, underagers, read no further. Parentals, you won't like this, but the story cannot go untold.

Today we had a Penguin show, followed by a Q & A session (that's Question and Answer, dad, since I know you're still reading.) During the show and the Q & A, I used Cantonese whenever possible to keep their interest. After several questions, one student asked me, "How did you learn to speak Cantonese so well?"

What I thought I said: "My friends taught me."
What I actually said: "My friends fucked me."

Of course, I did not realize what I had said. After I said it, everyone applauded wildly. I thought they were impressed with my language skills, so I nodded and said, "Thank you." After the show, Zac informed me of what I had said and suspected that all the teenage boys wanted to teach me Cantonese.

Pictures and a report on Christmas/New Years to come...as well as Chinese New Year plans.
J'ville residents: Next Source Article will be in the Jan 28 edition. I might have a byline photo by then.

BIG SEMI-CLEAN NEWS:
I've been cast in a commercial!
I will be advertising for the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens. It's probably my favorite sport. After badminton and round-the-world ping pong. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but I'm apparently a main character, business woman-type. Then I go crazy and paint my face or something. HK Rugby Sevens is a drunken brawl. I'm so proud to promote it! Going in for a fitting on Sunday; will perhaps learn more.

11 comments:

The Classic Harpist said...

Glad to know I raised you right. I'm as proud of you as The, Dad, was when Tyler suggested they'd buy a car that someone brought in to be repaired or something.

However, my excitement is somewhat tempered by the fact that we will be arriving in HK the day that the rugby tournament ends. Yes, we looked it up.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how many more people are going to sign up to be your Google friend after this. View my complete profile will be overloaded. LOL< Love, MOM

The Classic Harpist said...

Mom LOL's? Somehow, I am more shocked by this than the content of your blog.

Caitlin Rose said...

that's so weird. that is exactly how I learned Mongolian. (Sorry, the dad. I couldn't resist!)

Anonymous said...

After lo, these many days, I still cannot think of a clever rejoinder to this weblog entry. Several of your regulars apparantly are equally struck dumb. LYLAS

The,

Dad.

Deirdre said...

THAT IS FUNNY. And I am sorry for you. But wow. I never knew this method of the learning of languages. I have children. One might have thought I would have figure this out over the years...I could be so fluent. Wasted time, I tell you.

When I was in Mexico, instead of saying "excuse me", I was asking people to spit on me. Luckily, no one did, but I made a few people crack up. I did not know why they would not get out of my way, but just stood there, in my way, and laughed at me.

Ms. Caitlin had better not be learning to speak Mongolian. I will ground her.

love, d

P.S. You are a delight.

Keith said...

Thank you. That was great! That is exactly why I have never attemped to learn another language. I am determined to get English right first.

Keith said...

Nice article in the Source. Mark Twain had a lot in common with Confusious (However, I think he was Chinese). I am sure they are aware of both in HK.For those reading and want to see the article go to:
http://myjacksonvillesource.com/
It takes about a week before the current issue is on line.

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who loves to taste different things. Right now I'm building my own solar panels. I'm managing it all alone without the help of my staff. I am using the net as the only way to acheive this. I stumbled upon a very amazing website which explains how to make pv panels and wind generators. The website explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure bout how accurate the info given there iz. If some guys over here who had experience with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the site it will be grand and I would extremely treasure it, cauze I extremely enjoy solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. U guys rock.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I dream the collection should secure more info then it has.