Thursday, February 4, 2010

Slap That...and always fly away

I auditioned for the Australian musical "The Venetian Twins." This was a first for me, not just because of the requisite Aussie accent, it was the first time I auditioned for a show for a director I had slapped. I've slapped only one person in my life (which is of course a story in itself, and will unfortunately never appear in this blog) and it was this director.
After reading part of the script, I knew I wanted to audition. After seeing the name of the director, I knew if I auditioned, it would take a lot of moxy. Fortunately, I've got moxy to spare, and am always available for blog fodder, so I went. He was very professional, never mentioning the aforesaid altercation. However, after I read for the specific part, he had me read another scene as a different character, Rosina. In the scene, Rosina slaps someone across the face. The slap was bad; the angle, the energy...just bad. I half expected the director to shout "I know you can do better than that!" But he didn't. I'm sure he was laughing inside. I'll know if I got a call-back by next week. Not holding breath.

If you haven't yet, check out the new blog of Ann--a clever and witty wordsmith searching for a place in the dreary American job market, armed with The Arabian Nights.

The apartment search in ON. I've emailed/messaged at least 10 potential freaks in search of the perfect box. One near my current place is leading in my heart. I would share it with "one lady always fly away." Sounds like a good deal to me.
In a very bizarre turn of events, I also discovered an ad to share an apartment with the German model I met during the commercial 2 weekends ago. Plus, I've been seeing her in JillStuart ads plastered all over the trains. Not sure why a seemingly normal top model wants to share a flat, but I sent her a request anyway. I think I'll have some pull considering our shared history as orange Marge Simpsons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud (and on the outside I might add)! Way to go Camber!!! PML

Camber Carpenter said...

Mother,
Are you applauding me for using violence to solve a problem?

Flat search update/poll:
My instincts have raised several red flags. One of the best is a guy who is unable for a viewing because he's in Southampton, UK on a Christian Crusade. He wants me to fill out a massive application, then he will mail me the keys within 24 hours after my payment is confirmed (without ever seeing the place). Riiiight. I think I'll tell him I'm a Jewish Hindu Muslim. And that the Crusades are out of fashion.

Anonymous said...

A person that out of fashion would be just my kind of guy. I think you should go for it.

The,

Dad.

The Classic Harpist said...

Dad is always such a fount of wisdom.

It's a good thing you have The Mother's commom sense. (My turn to get a PML.)

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of PMLs to go around. You can stop competing for them.

Keith said...

I'll help! Send me Pictures of the Model.
What? You are not Wesley Chapel Jewish Hindu Muslim?