Monday, June 15, 2009

The Imperative Blog

As I hovered over the toilet in my Japanese supermarket, I received a call from Allan. I don't know Allan, which exponentially increases the awkwardness of a toilet conversation. Allan, I now know, is the director of a musical for which I auditioned last week. He cast me as a lead role! I am elated. I expressed this elation to him and he continued with an observation that I would be "perfect" for this role. This role is a complete freak. A nutcase. An absolutely ridiculous specimen. And I'm "perfect" for it. I'm going to beat you to the "type-casting" jokes, Devon.
This is the show about the tap dancing and sex slavery, of which I believe my character participates only in the tap dancing. I believe.

My tuba has arrived. I can make a noise on it, but I may need some basic instruction, as every note I play sounds the same. I think I have to wear an elf costume and play at holiday functions this winter or something.

Now, I rarely complain, but for the last week, they have been "renovating" the apartment directly above mine. This translates to incessant jackhammering. It's not just annoying loud--it's to the point where I should wear protective gear for my ears. I know I usually exaggerate, but this time I'm not. The reverberations cause bits of my ceiling to fall onto the floor. Also, it so happened that the day they started the jackhammering, the electricity in half of my apartment went out. Just half. Coincidence? Not likely. Susan Boyle sang on Britain's Got Talent---the H1N1 pandemic began. What I'm saying is, coincidences don't happen. I finally collected the courage to go up and confront the offenders today. It didn't go well. It was my first go at describing a lack of electricity in Cantonese, which was a rousing success, but in the end, the "master" just looked at my fuse box and tracked carcinogenic dust into my place.


One more pressing issue. Deodorant. In Hong Kong, there are two undesirable options. Spray on and roll on. I nixed the spray long ago, due to its harshness. Here's my problem with the roll-on. The way the roll-on works is that the ball rolls into the deodorizing substance, then can be applied to the appropriate area to be deodorized. However, when the deodorizing substance sinks to a level below the reach of the ball--it is necessary to do a back bend, hold the deodorant upside-down, and apply. In doing said back bend in the non-air conditioned environment of my apartment, more deodorizing substance is required. It's a vicious circle.

This is what happens when I don't have much to talk about, but am required by my Dad's indigestion and/or lack of fiber to write a blog.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to beat Devon with the sarcasim--you just may have done it! Also, a character name please, if you are allowed to divulge. From anonymous who is purchasing surgical socks.

Keith said...

I have never had the time nor talent to write a play or a musical, but if I did, I had always hopped it would be about a tap dancing sex slave. I guess I must now move on to my other dream, transplaning leg hair to my forehead.
KB
It is taking a lot of concentration, but I am slowly getting into the rhythm of your train of thought.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I needed that.

The,

Dad.

Allison said...

Hi, Camber! I haven't commented on your blog in awhile but I have still been keeping up. After speaking with The, Parents (???) at my sister's graduation party, I felt inspired to comment on your blog also, even though I am not anywhere close to being as funny as they.

I really feel for you with the deodorant situation -- it must take up so much of your time with something that could be such a simple task. I wish you the best with this one.

Until next time...

The,
Friend Allison ??

The Classic Harpist said...

You smell.

I've always thought I was proud of the way I raised you, but a tap-dancing sex slave? I humbly bow to your awesomeness.

Caitlin Rose said...

Camber, I thought of you last night and today after i heard the news. Know that you are not far from my thoughts. I love you bunches and thanks for appreciating my mom. She is swell as are you! I miss you! Come to mongolian and eat fat with me! love, C

Deirdre said...

Camber Carpenter,

Your blog is as wonderful as you are. You are such a talent. Hong Kong does not know how lucky they are to have you.

A Tuba? Aren't you already one of the tallest people in town? Won't a tuba, um, I don't know, stand out?

I can hear Ms. Tomai now, "Oh, yeah, you blend."

It is nice to see your name on Caitlin's blog. I think of you often and it is rewarding to know you are out there in the world doing what it is that you do do.

warm regards,
d

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I dream the collection should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that particular make. The prices as regards the sneakers are about 190 bucks on every site. But completely I found this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that particular make. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 300 bucks on every site. But for all I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the sneakers were all over 340 bucks everwhere. But completely I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this good collection of comment forms. There are some great ideas for the next redesign.

Anonymous said...

I went to the dentist a only one weeks ago to participate in my braces on. I' m quiescent having straits in eating because of the wires. I also observed that I' m having a oodles of cuts clandestine my entrance because of the wires and I chew over it precise undesirable.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]