Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What have I done?

Usually, a rather eldery man "guards" my flat building, but sometimes, the happiest woman in the world does the job. This woman likes me to an inexplicably high degree. I greet her with the usual "jo sun" (good morning) and "lay ho ma" (how are you?) and she grins and says "jo sun" at least 6 times before I walk out the door. It's all very nice and brightens my day.

WELL....one afternoon, I said something profound to her--like, "Hello, the weather is hot right now," which apparently led her to believe that I spoke fluent Cantonese, because she started talking very fast, with grand gestures. In my state of shock, I simply responded to everything she said with "high-a" (yeah) and an affirmative nod.

I can't be sure, but it's possible that I agreed to wear a puffy shirt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now you need to buy and where a puffy shirt everyday until she says otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Well, now you need to buy and where a puffy shirt everyday until she says otherwise.

Anonymous said...

But I don't want you to be a pir
ate!
The,
Dad

Anonymous said...

But I don't want you to be a pir
ate!
The,
Dad

PALOMA said...

Please post picture with puffy shirt on.

The Classic Harpist said...

I'm sure you have one already. Pilfered from my closet, no doubt.

The Classic Harpist said...

I saw an actual pirate yesterday. In a puffy shirt. And knee-high boots. And a dangly gold earring. I was a little disappointed that it was not you.

Alisunsun said...

haha!