Monday, April 6, 2009

For those of you thinking of names for children:
Eiffel
Sonic
Major
Tybalt

"Did you name yourself from a Romeo and Juliet character?"
"Yes! Yes!"
These were Taoist students today. Basically the only difference between the Taoist and Christian students is the uniform tie design. The Christians have a cross and the Taoists have the yin and yang symbols. I took a fantastic photo of some sort of gilded spiritual leader today. Tim calls it Jungle Boogie, which will likely come back to haunt him in his next life. As a dung beetle.

My only news is that Tuesday and Wednesday night, my students perform. I'm in charge of the backstage crew, helping with costume changes, set moving, and making sure the fly walls aren't attached to the floor when they fly.

Thursday night, Joan and I will begin our excellent adventure to.....MALAYSIA. We'll spend a day in Kuala Lumpur, where I will assuredly purchase spectacles, then fly to Singapore that night. We're kind of doing this on the fly, so I don't know the specific plan yet, but we're going to take a ferry to Bintan, an island of Indonesia, since apparently there's not much to see in Singapore. Under my mom's advice, I will need to behave in Singapore and try even harder not to get arrested. Chewing gum is illegal. Drug traffickers get the death penalty, so my mom suggested that I leave all my drugs at home. She is an ever-flowing wealth of advice.

I've been researching the political climate of Malaysia in preparation for the trip.
The fun never ceases---

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the quoter of late: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

The Classic Harpist said...

What's over? Camber carrying illegal drugs everywhere? Chewing gum? Getting arrested?

Did you not ask Sonic if he (or she) named himself (or herself) after a hedgehog?

Anonymous said...

I was asked for another quote because it seems to be the latest way I can annoy my offspring. The Mother!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Camber understands the Dr. Seuss quote as being appropriate - I hope.

Camber Carpenter said...

Yes, of course, Mother.
One performance down and one to go.

Devon, the things you mentioned are never over.

Anonymous said...

Camber Carpenter!! I haven't checked in for a while, hope everything is going well!

Be careful in Malaysia...

The Classic Harpist said...

Camber,

There is far too little mocking going on in these comments. You need to give us more material.