Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Listen to Me/Tim Turns 26/Boogie Down

After a mere 5 months of rehearsal, the high school student musical finally went up in a Broadway-esque blaze of glory. I won't gush, for it is not in my nature and I also need to post about my recent trip, but I was extremely proud of all of them. A few of the actors and I after the final performance:I was "in charge" of the backstage crew, a superfluous position, as they are all, clearly, professionals:

The final pose of "All That Jazz":
A snippet of "Luck be a Lady," which they nailed at the final show:



End pose of "Money, Money" from "Cabaret." Expressive actors, eh?:

And a snippet of "Stud and Babe", a scene I had the privilege to direct. These two really stepped out of their comfort zone. The other cast members would always sit off-stage to watch:
I will really miss those students. When a huge group of screaming teens tackled me to express their thanks, it made it all worth while.
Tim, who is currently stuck in Thailand, celebrated his 26th last week. He got a little carried away with the cake:

Every time we go to a Taoist school, they have this engraving in the theatre. Invariably, it is beneath the screen we use, so I always ask him, "Oh, golden one, where is the screen?" He replies:Oh, it's up there. Thanks. This is the one Tim refers to as Jungle Boogie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the Golden One seems to scream "grasshopper" at me, yet I can't say why.