Thursday, May 21, 2009

So, You're Like Zac Efron.



Above is a photo of the cast of "A Night on Broadway," the adult musical produced by the studio where I work. When I say "adult" musical, I do not use the term in the same way American video stores use the term. I could tell it was an adult musical the moment we entered the theatre and I didn't have to tell any of the actors to stop running, jumping, or hitting each other.
Matthew added me to the cast a couple of weeks ago to fill in for someone who had a work conflict. I sang "The Color Purple" which was fun, but the best part was being on-stage with my friend, Angel. She sang a rousing rendition of "Thank You for the Music" from Mama Mia.

Friend support was at a high: Joan, Vera, Tim, Nicole, and Cara all came out.
Kazumi (my roommate, for those just joining the jocularity of AaWaE) and her boyfriend, Kenall.
Of course, my grandma was in the 3rd row, center.
Elvis and company were there. He always travels with an entourage. He even brought people who had never met me. But of course we all went out to eat after--about 13 of us. One of them was Michael, who is also a magician. He dazzled us all with his mind-blowing illusions. Elvis wants to be a tour guide for my mom and dad when they visit in July. I think it's a stellar idea.

5 comments:

Keith said...

Assigning someone to act as tour guide for your mom and dad would be like asking some one to take an eye exam for you. How are you to know if you are having a good time or not if they do not tell you.
KB

Camber Carpenter said...

Oh, I'll be going too. There's no way I would miss the tom foolery sure to ensue when my parental world collides with my Elvis world.
It shall be grand.

Anonymous said...

Clapping from the 3rd row center! G-ma (printed under orders)

Anonymous said...

It appears to me manifestly unfair that one of the contestants would attempt to curry favor with the 51%-voting judge, by acting as a tour guide. (I assume he is a potential?)

The,

Dad.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just figured out what
AaWaER means! The, Dad is still working on it. The soon to be off for the summer teacher.