Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Parental Invasion: Part Tres

Spirits were high when we met Uncle Man at the Kowloon Walled City Park. He rips paper into amazing works of art. He also plays the flute and tries to match his clothes to The, Dad:




Olympic spirit is fervent yet!:



The likeness is uncanny. However, it also looks like all of The, Dad's look-a-likes, most especially Captain Ahab:



Uncle Man insisted on taking many photos of us. He was our Wednesday Hero:


He got really into it:



After such excitement, Paloma, Mama, and I took the Star Ferry back to Hong Kong Island as my parentals went for a white suit fitting:




Don't be deceived with the ending of this post; the misadventures will continue for several more days...but for now, I have to actually go to work. We recorded all the music for the new elementary school show yesterday. Today, we're preparing music to record tomorrow.

I got my hair cut last night. I like to practice my Cantonese is every situation, so I told the stylist, "I like your hair," only I think he understood me to say "Cut my hair just like your hair". And then as I was going home, I saw two mulletts. I've seen only one mullett since moving here 11 months ago. Two in one night, within the space of an hour, was an epic experience.

4 comments:

Caitlin Rose said...

hmm, my dad looks like Richard Gere and Dan Ackroyd had a baby.

Keith said...

What a treat. Post more! KB

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to prepare the rest of us for the Camber Mullett????? EEK!

The Classic Harpist said...

I like The, Dad's, mug shot. And his brazenly American t-shirt.