Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Parental Invasion: Part IV

Extremely observant readers may note that the captions and pictures in the most recent post do not line up. We're experiencing a technical difficulty, which doesn't allow me to see the photos on which I am commenting. So now, I will continue to guess...

At this meal, which may or may not appear to be at an Outback Steakhouse, the manager offered a free brownie dessert if I would sing in Cantonese. I obliged and drew a crowd of servers and patrons alike:



We went to the Man Mo Temple, and hit a drum and a bell. Paloma demonstrates well:



The Mothers:


When dining on the streets of Hong Kong, you are always provided with toilet paper and an attractive backdrop of hair dryers:




We ate at this fabulous Thai restaurant a few hours before a typhoon. The Parentals slept through the strongest typhoon of the year:


You know it's a Thai restaurant because there's a picture of the king and queen of Thailand. The, Dad, loves a good monarchy:



More yet to come...stay tuned to see what happens when the parentals go to a former Portuguese colony.

3 comments:

The Classic Harpist said...

Oooo... Did The, Dad, get mistakenly left behind in Portuguese colony? How many look-alikes did you spot?

That toilet paper looks rather uncomfortable. And bell-like.

PALOMA said...

Yes, I love how I demonstrate the proceedings to hit a drum and a bell pulling on toilet paper.

That is the correct way to say hello to Budha.

Deirdre said...

Good things I am not easily confused. I think.

It looks like your the, Dad and your mom had a wonderful time. When is your whirlwind tour of the United States?

I am thinking of you and it is always a pleasure to read your posts and view your pictures. You are pretty much a delight.

Take care of yourself, Camper.

love, d