Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Farewell Address and Your Requests

On my final day in the United States, rather than packing and/or confirming I have necessary legal and travel documents, I have chosen to set up what is known in this web-based world as a "blog." It is here where I will post insightful commentary and dazzling photographs of life in Hong Kong. I would also like to provide you, my avid readers, with the opportunity to make requests. My list so far includes the following:
*Find out how Hong Kongers view Her Majesty and the British in general (dad)
*Harry Potter in Chinese (Becky)
*4 yaks/4 yetis (Pat)
*DDR arcade machine (Mark)
*a panda (Sarah)
*Chinese Magic cards (Matt)
*silk/Chinese fabric (mom)
*pirated DVDs for no more than $1 each (you know who you are)
*a man (Nikki)

Please feel free to request anything at all, provided it be legal in China at least 30 U.S. states. I'm actually going to try very hard not to get arrested in Hong Kong, and would appreciate your support in that endeavor.

I fly from St. Louis to Chicago to Hong Kong starting 10:17am on Sunday, August 17 and arriving Monday the 18th at 4:45 Hong Kong Time.
This reminds me---I will be 13 hours ahead in time from the Central Time Zone of the U.S. and of course 12 hours from the EST. What this means is that I will be living in the future.
Don't be jealous, because I can and will tell you what happens, should you so desire.

5 comments:

JobFinder said...

Nice work on the witty title utilizing "wok." Hope you survived your flight and are getting all settled in your new place. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures and live vicariously through you.

Alisunsun said...

do they use "bento boxes" there? they use them in japan, they're so cool!

Anonymous said...

Can I request a real live Chinese finger trap?! Or at least verify if they are actually traditional Chinese toys or dangerous woven weapons?

Sounds like you're having a great trip so far! I'd like you to know that my debut as a Pickalittle Lady was spectacular, and I'm still receiving fan mail. It still counts as fan mail if it comes from my mother, right? :)

PALOMA said...

Camber, you were always ahead of your time.

Anonymous said...

Well said.