Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Force

I've been on a bit of a blog sabbatical, much to the disappointment of my parental units and Keith Bradbury, I'm sure. Usually, on a sabbatical, one refreshes and educates oneself. As you can see, I have done just that:


Important note: This is NOT from Halloween. We did schedule our movie shoot for immediately after Halloween in order to get a good deal on a Darth Vader costume rental. This is part of our "100 Movies" show. The plan is that the students will watch the short film and provide the necessary sound effects. Basically, it's Superman's quotidian morning routine, which involves encounters with Cat Woman, Gollum, The Joker, and an epic battle with Darth Vader.

We celebrated my birthday...again. If age went with birthday celebrations, I'd be floating around mid-thirties by now. This one was with DE staff and included Nicole's birthday, too. I enjoy how on the cake, my name is in Chinese and hers is in English:


David's birthday called for a grand celebration as well (anyone who read my Source article may now see the source of that inspiration). He had a Turtle cake:


Also at David's party, I witnessed a marriage proposal for the first time in my life. Thank goodness, I wasn't directly involved in it, but congratulations to Teddy, who kept apologizing after said proposal:

For the benefit of my parental units, here is a recent photo of Sky and Aaron (and myself):

I talk about them frequently, so I thought you might like to put faces to the names. They were both in "Millie" and Aaron is playing the Preacher in "Tom Sawyer".
AliC-message received and indeed, I will begin to take more pictures of daily Hong Kong life.
Going to see "Sister Mary Ignatius Explains it All for You" tonight. I read it in American Drama in college and definitely look forward to seeing it! (Is that enough pimping, McG?--sorry, it's on the last day and I know you're sold out anyway...)
STILL haven't heard from "The Odd Couple" so maybe it's about time to give up. On that note, I just remembered that I have a great picture for AliC:

It's a traditional Chinese Junk. People can rent these and take them out for parties on the ocean. I went on one a couple of nights ago with the director of "Tom Sawyer", American Indian Joe (this is my own personal adjustment of Twain's character name), and several other interesting people.
With that, I hope that's a long enough post to suffice for a week or two...I broke my internet stick, so I'm back at the cafe! They have missed me terribly, I'm sure.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In picture No. 4, I can readily ascertain that your right hand is assisting in the difficult task

of holding up your birthday cake. But where is your

left hand?

The,

Dad.

Anonymous said...

NO! It is I who have missed you terribly. The Mom. Thank goodness for my superior skills on Skype. (ha) The, Dad's new glasses aren't doing the job, so it seems, for I can clearly see that your left hand still exists. Off to join a bunch of Fools. Mom

The Classic Harpist said...

When did your left hand become a swollen stump?

And picture #7 is clearly your engagement picture. You look smashing! More and more like me every day...

Ali C said...

What is it for me? Picture # 6? Yes, I am jealous if that is what it is!!!

Camber Carpenter said...

Since when do we have to incessantly mock my left hand?
I'm holding my pants up with it. Most of my pants are too big, but I'm still too big for Hong Kong pants.

And the picture numbering?!? I had to scroll up and recount them for about each comment.
I'm so inconvenienced. Next time, perhaps I'll number them myself.
That will get you all.

The Classic Harpist said...

The, Dad, started it. Now perhaps he can buy you a belt.

Anonymous said...

Got the great news e-mail before I left home this a.m. Congratulations and enjoy the fun. You were wise not to call at 4:30 a.m. because we would have thought it was someone in need of a gardeeen. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

From experience, I can highly recommend the benefit of suspenders for those unable otherwise to maintain the elevation of their trousers.
The,
Dad.

Camber Carpenter said...

Thank you, parental units for your respective comments.
I just can't decide between a belt and suspenders. Please vote. And do so quickly before I make a terrible scene here.