Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanks A Lot

The Second Annual Hong Kong Style Thanksgiving Dinner has taken place. This year, we gathered at Aaron's apartment to enjoy a potluck meal. Aaron cooked an actual turkey in an oven! I didn't know there were turkeys or ovens in HK, so this was a very enlightening evening. He also made stuffing and cranberry sauce from scratch, which shamed my Betty Crocker potato buds.
The cornucopia:


Aaron's famous stuffed peppers:


Because it's not Thanksgiving without squid potatoes:


At the table--Scott, who was the musical director of "Thoroughly Modern Mille" said he hadn't been to a Thanksgiving dinner since 1973, when he was hitch-hiking in Maryland and someone picked them up on the way to one.


I went early to Aaron's to help prepare. I tried to cube the yams, but my technique was so terrible, he insisted I let him do it while I went to the store to buy marshmallows.


I haven't seen Fewer Chins guy this week, which may be due to the fact that I made puppy chow for Thanksgiving, possibly resulting in the return of one or more chins. No work on Monday or Tuesday. Typically, I would have travelled over a 4-day weekend, but with rehearsals and "training" (I'm running a 10k next week) I stayed here. Hiking with Tom Sawyer tomorrow should result in better pictures for the next post. Another goal is to make my apartment not look like a frat house anymore. I say that to myself every week, but this time, I'm sure I mean it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand 0 comments so i'm filling up space, much like some of the students I have. The MOM

Camber Carpenter said...

No comments are OK, The MOM.
Nothing controversial in this one. I was stretching for something, anyway.

Keith said...

Just because the volcano is not erupting, it does not mean there is not fire within. KB